Established that a notional partition on a coparcener's death must be given full fictional effect — including a widow's own share as a partitioner — before Section 8 divides his resulting share among his Class I heirs.
సహపత్రి మరణంపై నోషనల్ విభజనకు పూర్తి కల్పిత ప్రభావం ఇవ్వాలని — వితంతువు స్వంత విభజనదారు వాటాతో సహా — ఆయన మిగిలిన వాటాను సెక్షన్ 8 ఆయన క్లాస్ I వారసుల మధ్య పంచే ముందు ఇది స్థాపించింది.
| Court | Supreme Court of India |
|---|---|
| Bench | Y.V. Chandrachud, P.N. Bhagwati and P.N. Shinghal, JJ. |
| Year | 1978 — AIR 1978 SC 1239, (1978) 3 SCC 383 |
| Cited in | 2. Succession to the Property of a Hindu Male Dying Intestate |
FACTS
Khandappa Magdum, a coparcener in a Mitakshara joint Hindu family, died intestate, survived by his widow, Hirabai, and their children, who together constituted his Class I heirs. Hirabai claimed her share by first computing a notional partition of the joint family property immediately before Khandappa's death, treating herself as entitled to her own share as a partitioner on that notional partition, in addition to her subsequent share as one of the Class I heirs dividing Khandappa's own resulting interest under Section 8. The other family members disputed this, contending that Hirabai should be treated as receiving only a single, combined share rather than two distinct entitlements.
ఖండప్ప మాగదుమ్, ఒక మితాక్షర ఉమ్మడి హిందూ కుటుంబంలో సహపత్రి, వీలునామా లేకుండా మరణించాడు, తన వితంతువు హీరాబాయి, వారి పిల్లలు కలిసి ఆయన క్లాస్ I వారసులుగా బతికి ఉన్నారు. ఖండప్ప మరణానికి ముందే ఉమ్మడి కుటుంబ ఆస్తికి నోషనల్ విభజనను మొదట లెక్కించి, ఆ నోషనల్ విభజనలో విభజనదారురాలిగా తన సొంత వాటాకు తాను అర్హురాలినని, దానికి తోడు సెక్షన్ 8 కింద ఖండప్ప స్వంత మిగిలిన హక్కును పంచే క్లాస్ I వారసుల్లో ఒకరిగా తన తర్వాతి వాటాకు కూడా అర్హురాలినని హీరాబాయి తన వాటాను క్లెయిమ్ చేసింది. హీరాబాయి రెండు వేర్వేరు హక్కులు కాకుండా ఒకే, కలిపిన వాటాను మాత్రమే పొందాలని కుటుంబంలోని మిగిలినవారు దీన్ని వివాదం చేశారు.
ISSUES
- Whether, for the purposes of Section 8, a notional partition must be deemed to have actually taken place immediately before the death of a coparcener.సెక్షన్ 8 ప్రయోజనం కోసం, సహపత్రి మరణానికి ముందే నిజంగా నోషనల్ విభజన జరిగినట్లుగా భావించాలా.
- Whether the widow must receive her own share as a partitioner on that notional partition before the deceased's resulting share is further divided among the Class I heirs including her, or whether she is entitled only to one combined share.మరణించిన వ్యక్తి మిగిలిన వాటాను ఆమెతో సహా క్లాస్ I వారసుల మధ్య మళ్లీ పంచే ముందు, ఆ నోషనల్ విభజనలో విభజనదారురాలిగా వితంతువు స్వంత వాటాను పొందాలా, లేదా ఆమె ఒకే కలిపిన వాటాకు మాత్రమే అర్హురాలా.
ANALYSIS
- The Court held that the statutory fiction of a notional partition must be given full effect, exactly as if the partition had genuinely and actually taken place immediately before the coparcener's death, generating every consequence a real partition would.నోషనల్ విభజన అనే చట్టపరమైన ఊహను పూర్తి ప్రభావంతో ఇవ్వాలని, సహపత్రి మరణానికి ముందే నిజంగా, వాస్తవంగా విభజన జరిగినట్లుగానే, నిజమైన విభజన కలిగించే ప్రతి పరిణామాన్ని ఇది కలిగించాలని కోర్టు తీర్పు ఇచ్చింది.
- Since an actual partition during Khandappa's lifetime would have entitled Hirabai to her own share as a partitioner under the law then applicable, the notional partition had to be worked out on exactly that same footing.ఖండప్ప జీవితకాలంలో నిజమైన విభజన జరిగి ఉంటే, అప్పటి చట్టం ప్రకారం విభజనదారురాలిగా హీరాబాయి తన సొంత వాటాకు అర్హురాలయ్యేది కాబట్టి, నోషనల్ విభజనను అదే పునాదిపైనే లెక్కించాలి.
- Only after this notional-partition share was set aside for Hirabai did the remainder — Khandappa's own resulting interest — fall to be divided under Section 8 among the Class I heirs, of whom Hirabai was again one, generating her second, distinct entitlement.హీరాబాయి కోసం ఈ నోషనల్-విభజన వాటాను ప్రత్యేకించిన తర్వాతే, మిగిలినది — ఖండప్ప స్వంత మిగిలిన హక్కు — సెక్షన్ 8 కింద క్లాస్ I వారసుల మధ్య పంచబడేది, వారిలో హీరాబాయి మళ్లీ ఒకరు, ఆమె రెండో, వేరైన హక్కును సృష్టిస్తుంది.
JUDGEMENT
The Supreme Court held that a notional partition must be worked out as though it had actually taken place immediately before the coparcener's death, entitling the widow to her own share as a partitioner on that notional partition; only the deceased's resulting share then devolves under Section 8 upon the Class I heirs, including the widow once again as one of them. She is therefore entitled to both entitlements, not merely one combined share.
సహపత్రి మరణానికి ముందే నోషనల్ విభజన నిజంగా జరిగినట్లుగానే దాన్ని లెక్కించాలని, ఆ నోషనల్ విభజనలో విభజనదారురాలిగా వితంతువు తన సొంత వాటాకు అర్హురాలని; తర్వాతే మరణించిన వ్యక్తి మిగిలిన వాటా సెక్షన్ 8 కింద క్లాస్ I వారసులకు బదిలీ అవుతుందని, వితంతువు మళ్లీ వారిలో ఒకరిగా ఉంటుందని సుప్రీంకోర్టు తీర్పు ఇచ్చింది. కాబట్టి ఆమె ఒకే కలిపిన వాటా కాకుండా రెండు హక్కులకూ అర్హురాలు.
CONCLUSION
Gurupad remains the foundational authority on how Section 8 interacts with coparcenary property, establishing the "full fictional effect" principle for notional partitions that continues to govern every subsequent computation involving a deceased coparcener's Class I heirs.
Gurupad సెక్షన్ 8 సహపత్రిక ఆస్తితో ఎలా సంకర్షణ చెందుతుందో వివరించే మూలాధార అధికారంగా మిగిలింది, మరణించిన సహపత్రి క్లాస్ I వారసులతో కూడిన ప్రతి తర్వాతి లెక్కింపును ఇప్పటికీ నియంత్రించే నోషనల్ విభజనల "పూర్తి కల్పిత ప్రభావం" సూత్రాన్ని ఇది స్థాపించింది.
No comments:
Post a Comment