Home › Important Questions — Law of Contract-I, Unit I
Important Question
Practice questions

Important Questions — Law of Contract-I, Unit I

Previous Osmania University LL.B. exam questions for Law of Contract‑I, Unit I, each linked to the notes post that answers it. Sourced from actual OU question papers (2007–2021), cross-checked against the official Unit I syllabus — every question here is answerable entirely from what's already published on this site.

Part A — Short Answer (Definitions, ~6 marks, ~80 words)

  1. Acceptance
  2. Consideration
  3. Invitation to Offer
  4. Privity of Contract
  5. Voidable Contract
  6. Counter-offer
  7. General Offer (Carlill v. Carbolic Smoke Ball Co.)
  8. Standard Form Contract

Part B — Long Answer (~15 marks each)

  1. Define Contract and mention the essentials of a valid contract.
  2. What is an offer? Discuss briefly the law relating to communication of offer, acceptance, and revocation.
  3. Define consideration. It is said that "a contract without consideration is void." Are there any exceptions to this rule?
  4. What is a Standard Form Contract? Discuss the binding nature of a Standard Form Contract.
  5. Analyse the definition of consideration given in Section 2(d) of the Contract Act, and explain the doctrine of privity of contract and of consideration, with reference to decided cases.

Part C — Problem / Case-Study Questions (~10 marks each)

  1. State the facts and discuss the judgment in Carlill v. Carbolic Smoke Ball Co. (full case brief also available in Case Laws)
  2. Ram and Shyam entered into an agreement for the sale of 50 computers at a cost of ₹2 lakh. Shyam sends his acceptance for the above proposal through email to Ram's website address. Was a valid contract formed between them?

    Adapted from the original OU question — the original also asks what remedy is available if Ram doesn't supply the goods; that part covers breach of contract and remedies, which is Unit IV territory not yet published. This version keeps only the part answerable now.

Questions are drawn from previous Osmania University LL.B. examination papers for study and revision purposes only.
NyayaSaral explains law in simple language for learning purposes. It is not legal advice — always consult a qualified advocate for your specific situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment